Saturday, January 17, 2009

Feels Like Spring!

As I woke up this morning, the sun was shining and it was COLD! However, I checked my email and looked over some messages that had been sent overnight and I felt downright optimistic! It felt like Spring! By that I mean, a good portion of my listings were being shown, agents were calling for more information and the buyers I have been working with seem to be getting down to "brass tacks".



Tonight I'll be attending the Inaugural Dinner for our WSalem Association of Realtors and I look forward to seeing a good number of familiar faces from the local real estate industry. As we make merry and well wish our counterparts the best for the upcoming year, I am going to make sure I share with them this ray of hope that I felt amidst all of the bleak news that we are smothered with everyday.



Our local economy has taken a hit, but not like other parts of the country and we are adding jobs to this area, especially Kernersville. Volvo/Mack Trucks, LeBleu, Fed/Ex Air and Ground, TexWipe, Michaels, Cook Out, and other various small business and shops around town just to name a few...So though our familiar job landscape is changing, let's remember not to get mired down in the national media feel and let's continue to work our way out of this recession.

No comments: