Sunday, October 21, 2012

Why the real estate market is rocking...and will it continue to roll?

For those of you who follow us on Twitter or Facebook, you know that I have been experiencing a real estate "surge" over the past month.  I would like to say that I had a specific explanation as to why this much and why now during this atypical time of the year, but I don't. I do however, think that I know of some of the contributing factors.

*YOU.  Plain and simple.  Your referrals keep me rolling. You have no idea how much your honest feedback and kind words mean...especially when I hear them from someone that you referred to me!!  Thanks a million!

*Low interest rates.  Rates are still low and have stayed there for the past few weeks.  Buyers who thought they could wait to see them drop further have come off the fence in anticipation of rate increases after the election.

*Weather.  I know it sounds crazy, but good weather means buyers WANT to get out and look.  They love NC this time of year and those dreams of buying in a climate that offers four seasons is really appealing this time of year.

*Consistent Marketing.  With the addition of my new assistant, Loretta, our marketing is consistent.  It was occuring before, but now it's clockwork.  We send tweets and Facebook updates every morning and every afternoon with new, reduced, under contract and sold listings.  We are also back to a FULL newsletter, which I hope you enjoy!

*Systems.  I implemented several years ago a system of following up with ALL leads, regardless of whether they appear to be hot or cold.  At some point, these folks will buy and I want them to sell or buy through me!  This system is starting to gain traction and is proving itself time and time again.  I have buyers and sellers that I have been communicating with on a regular basis since 2007!  That's a long time to work a lead, but they are starting to convert and that is encouraging!

*Cash.  I would say close to 10% of all of my buyers are paying cash right now.  The national average is 18%...that's downright amazing if you ask me.  Why, would they do this when money is so cheap?  Different reasons for sure, but the ones I talk to believe that having a tangible investment is better than have paper in a fund at this stage in their life and this stage in our economy.

Why do you think we have been so busy?  Happy House Hunting!

Brooke

No comments: