Thursday, September 07, 2017

Hurricanes and the Economy - What's New?



It has been a few months since I have updated the internet world about all things real estate. Things have been very busy since the last post in March! Thankfully, with the help of referrals, friends, family and others, Brooke Cashion and Associates has closed tens of millions in sales since then and I thank you all for your support!


As you are aware, this is shaping up to be a busy hurricane season.  I send my best wishes to all those involved in the Hurricane Harvey storm.  That is a tough situation to see and for them to experience and I send my continued prayers to all of them.  As well, we now are dealing with Hurricane Irma.  The news reports are terrible and I have a very close friend who lives in Puerto Rico but I understand she and her family are ok, thankfully.  I also have friends and family in Florida and I ask for prayers for their safety as they will likely be next for Irma as it then makes its way up the East Coast and if news reports are correct, the Triad of North Carolina could be in her sights.  Therefore, I hope you take some time to prepare.  Here is a comprehensive hurricane preparedness list from the American Red Cross - https://www.redcross.org/images/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m4340160_Hurricane.pdf.  Stay safe out there!

The real estate market has been very good across North Carolina and the Triad area.  Economic and population growth is helping to drive the positive momentum.  We would like to see more job growth like Raleigh and Charlotte, but that will come as the economy continues to grow and our political and economic leaders dig in.  However, we still have low property inventory which is causing us to be in multiple offer situations and quick sales as long as property is priced right and is in good shape.  While quick sales may be good thing currently, inventory really needs to pick up to continue with a strong real estate environment.  If you are looking to sell, now is a great time - send me an email or give me a call.  

I’d like to take a moment to update you on an exciting opportunity that Brooke Cashion and Associates is embarking upon.  I’ve been able to encourage my husband, Jake, into joining me back in the “family business”.  Until recently, Jake was the Director of Government Affairs for the NC Chamber, the state’s largest, broad-based business organization.  It was an awesome job for him where he experienced operating at the highest levels of state government.   He had many successes including leading the changes to the UI Reforms which lead to a $3 billion reduction of debt to the federal government.  He led transportation reforms which is helping to put $2+ billion into the Triad’s transportation network and billions statewide, worked on many tort reforms, tax reforms and numerous other issues that helped position NC to a top-tier state.  However, after much consideration he determined that a future with Brooke Cashion and Associates was the best option for the future of the business and our family.  With his background, he’ll be able to add a ton of experience which will benefit YOU, my client. Some of you may recall that we owned our own firm approximately 10 years ago, until selling it to Allen Tate; so this is certainly not our “first-rodeo” as far as working together. :)

Amy Norman, my rock of an Office Manager, is still keeping things in order and moving along. She is simply awesome. Jake’s role will be to build out our infrastructure and create additional value for you, my clients.  With this addition to the team we look forward to guaranteeing a more fruitful and hopefully prosperous experience for YOU! 

Thank you again for your support.  I send my prayers to those who have been or may be impacted to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.

PS - I’ve got some great new Brooke Cashion and Associates’ koozies and would love to give you one.  Just ask and it’s yours!

No comments: